Junior Web Engineer
Vimperk, Czech Republic
About this role
As a junior server engineer at VirtualTraining, you will build the systems and services that support our desktop, mobile and web applications. In this role, you will work across the breadth of Rouvy’s backend systems. You will improve existing services and design new ones, and you will work closely with our Infrastructure engineering team to ensure these systems are reliable and performant. You will support short-term feature velocity while also planning and executing longer-term technology initiatives.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- General programming skills including OOP
- Experience with HTML, CSS and JS / jQuery
- Experience with PHP 7
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL
- with at least one PHP framework (Nette, Symfony, Laravel, …)
- with NoSQL databases such as Redis
- with React and redux
- with HTML5, CSS3, ES6+
- with writing tests
What we have and use
In all our projects, we check everything into our git repos and use composer, npm or yarn to manage our dependencies.
Web portal & REST API
- PHP 7.1, Nette 2.4
- phpstan (level 5 for now) makes sure no super-silly mistakes get deployed
- A new (hidden for now) React+redux front-end project
Does it sound like you, please contact us by emailing your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also include your LinkedIn profile.